Notice for 2020-21 School Year
After close evaluation of the enrollment of special education and general education students in grades TK-8 district-wide, the Alta Loma School District has determined the current status for all schools regarding new inter and intra-district transfers. Please see the following chart for the current status of each school. Schools marked closed are due to lack of space.
*Currently, Special Education Programs at all school sites are closed
- An Intra-District Transfer between schools within the Alta Loma School District boundaries.
- These forms can be obtained at your school site or Alta Loma School District Office located at: 9390 Base Line Rd. Alta Loma, Ca. 91701
- An Inter-District Transfer is a transfer between the Alta Loma School District and other school districts outside of the Alta Loma boundaries
- These forms must be obtained from the district where your residence is located.
Are you applying to enter the ALSD?
If you are applying to enter the Alta Loma School District via an Inter-District Transfer, please know that once we receive the release from your home district we will still require 2 documents to begin processing your request. You will need to supply us with your student's most recent report card which must include their grades, attendance and discipline along with our Inter-District Agreement Letter, which states that you agree to the Alta Loma School District's transfer policies.
The application window for Intra-District Transfers will be open beginning February 3, 2020 until March 20, 2020. Applications for Intra-District transfers will not be accepted after March 20, 2020.
The application window for Inter-District Transfer requests will open beginning February 3, 2020 and close on March 20, 2020.
* All transfers received after March 20, 2020 may not be processed until final space availability is determined.
* Families submitting a request for the current school year will receive a decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
* Families submitting a request for the 2020 - 2021 school year will be notified of the Districts final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction for the upcoming school year.
* STUDENTS CURRENTLY ATTENDING THE ALTA LOMA SCHOOL DISTRICT ON AN APPROVED TRANSFER NEED NOT RE-APPLY unless your student changes schools (i.e. Elementary to Jr. High)
* Questions? Please contact the Pupil Services Department at (909) 484-5151 Ext: 102040
or read our Board Policy here.
Do you want to leave ALSD?
To apply for an Inter-District Transfer to leave the Alta Loma School District and enroll in a new district, you will need to print the Inter-District Transfer Application. Once printed you will need to complete the application and return it to the Pupil Services Department at the Alta Loma School District by one of the following methods:
- 9390 Base Line Rd. Alta Loma, Ca. 91701
- Fax: 909-484-5170 Attn: Sara Budzinski
Once received by the Alta Loma School District, please allow one week for processing time.